Wilder Family
Established August 17th, 2000
Together Forever Sealed With Love

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Garage Clean Out

While John was on Spring Break we cleaned out the garage of 8 years of marriage crap. And yes 99.9% of it was of no use to us so in our sense it was "crap"! About a month ago a sister in our ward gave a homemaking lesson on cleaning and organizing our homes. She talked about being pack rats and making our house work for us. I loved her lesson and the books she used so I asked her if I could borrow them. I read the first one in a day and a half and started the second one and kept reading portions of it to John. After a few days John told me to just order my own copies so I did. We have read the one book "Clutters Last Stand" together and then during his spring break we takled the garage. When we started we had wall to wall "crap" There was a walkway from the inside door that lead to my washing machine, and another that lead to the freezer. I am happy to report this is all that is left in our garage.

This is what the drive way looked like with everything that was of no use to us anymore on it.


We then yard saled for two days. Eliza loved it so much!

After two days of yard sale we borrowed a family friends pickup truck,as the rule was nothing could go back in to the garage. It took 5 trips to good will to get it gone, but a great feeling to have that big project done and out from under us!
We have now started slowly on the rest of the house since John went back to work and I started back teaching piano. But our goal is there. It is to get through the whole house and rid ourself of "CRAP" before we move so that we do not move the stuff we do not need with us. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Pablo said...

It's amazing how "junk" (or formerly useful things) can build up when there's space for it! Looks like a lot of work!

Laura said...

WOW! I can't believe you had that much stuff in your garage. Congrats on getting it all cleaned. I hope you made a decent amount of money at the yard sale. Ben and I did the 8 year clean out last summer and it sure felt nice. Did you say you are moving? Where too?

Keri said...

Ooh, I love Don Aslett! I use some of his cleaning products, but his microfiber mop is my alltime favorite of his. Who taught the class?

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker