Wilder Family
Established August 17th, 2000
Together Forever Sealed With Love

Friday, December 25, 2009

PDC Parade

Every year the Porterville Developmental Center has a Christmas Parade for their patients and residents. They invited all the local schools; bands, choirs, clubs, etc to march in their parade. One police car from the Police Department and one Fire Truck from the Fire Department also come and one starts the parade the and other is the tail end. Vincent's Recorder Band was invited to march in the parade. Eliza Nicholas and I got ready and followed the buses to the parade. Man was it cold! It was a last minute decision but I grabbed the double stroller and boy was I happy I had as after I got there his teacher asked if I would please walk along with them on the 1 1/2 mile parade route. Would have not been fun to walk in the very cold with a 4 year old and a 2 year old and keep up with the group. After getting there and getting situated and the kids got warmed up on their recorders we waited and waited some more as there was a delay in starting. So it was a great time to take some pictures! And we are off and marching. Sorry for the tops of their heads. I am trying to keep up with them, and push a double stroller. Was proving harder than I thought. Also yes that is only one line of a song they are playing, but when this was taken they had only been playing the recorders for a little over a month and they only have music class for 45 minutes once a week so I thought they had made great progress!

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker