Wilder Family
Established August 17th, 2000
Together Forever Sealed With Love

Friday, February 5, 2010

Give A Day Get A Day Project Linus

As some of you saw after Christmas I had placed a counter on my blog page that we were trying to earn enough money to go to Disneyland in March for Eliza's 3rd Birthday. It was looking hopeless and I didn't want to upset my kids and give them false hope so I took it off. I was talking to a friend of the family who lives down in Southern California and has an annual pass to Disneyland and I asked him the next time he went if he could look for something we needed for a school project for Addison. He asked if we were planning on coming down and taking the kids anytime soon, and I told him at $80.00 a piece for John and I to get in. $60.00 a piece for the kids to get in and you add motels, food, etc. I just didn't think we would make it. He asked me if I had heard of the Give a Day, Get a Day offer from Disney. I had but hadn't given it much thought. I got on the website and found in our area Project Linus. You make and donate one blanket for each family member that would like a ticket. Each member has to help in someway to earn their ticket. Disney's rules are for only ages 6 and above so only Addison, Vincent, John, and I can participate in Give a Day Get a Day. I have been making the quilts and the boys have been tying them. They are having so much fun and we decided to tell them that we were doing it for service project (which we are) we have just left out the possible end result. John said even if it doesn't come together and we still don't have enough to go, it was still a great learning experience for our boys to give service to someone who needs it.




But don't tell them...... We are very close to our goal now and it is looking very promising that we will be going to Disneyland in March!

1 comments:

Laura said...

I love Disneyland. What a fun project for your family.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker