We had a very enjoyable time at the family reunion over at the coast this last weekend. All of my grandparents children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren were in attendance. This is the first time since 1999 that we have all been together at the same time. I will post pictures of the weekend at a later time. The downfall and sadness of the whole weekend was that we got a phone call on the 4th of July and found out that John's Father had passed away that morning. It was a complete shock and an unexpected death. John and I fly out tomorrow to Utah to attend his funeral. It still has seen like a bit of a dream to me and not really happening. I love John's father and do miss him dearly. Even though distance and money kept us from visiting each other often. I guess I can have comfort in the fact that I am sealed to his son who is sealed to him so there will be the day when we shall be together again. So I say to my dear father in law Steve. Go with haste to find him. Stand tall beside him and wait for that faithfull day when we shall be a complete forever family again in his presence.
Day at the lake
9 years ago









4 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law, but it is true that you have the hope of your forever family. It's great to have the faith!
We are sorry for your loss/separation! It is always the hardest when it comes out of nowhere. We are thinking of you guys.
I am so sorry to hear about John's dad. It is hard to say goodbye, especially when it is unexpected, but there is comfort in knowing you will meet again. I'll be thinking about your family.
I am sorry for you guys. We're thinking of you both during this hard time and we'll pray for you!!
Post a Comment