Wilder Family
Established August 17th, 2000
Together Forever Sealed With Love

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Eliza's Early Birthday Party







My grandpa and grandma Sanders moved in with my parents about two months ago from Washington State so my parents could help take care of my grandfather who has cancer and a form of Alzheimer's disease. I have been wanting to get over and see him since I have not seen him in over a year, but we have had sickness going through our family and also, the problem of where we would stay when we went over. We have always stayed at my parents house, and really we could have and slept on the front room floors, but with my grandfathers mental state, I wasn't sure how my kids would handle it, and thought it would be best if we stayed somewhere else and just visited my parents house. We stayed at my other grandparents house but spent the days at my parents. All though my grandfather had some times where he got agitated or his mental state was way out there, my kids did really well and he handled having them there too. One time Addison came into the room and said, "Great grandpa keeps saying something to me that I don't understand. Is it okay if I ignore him?" My mom and I had a little chuckle but I went out to see if I could figure out what grandpa was talking about. All day grandpa had been asking everyone who walked by if the u-haul was done being packed so we could hit the road and start driving, we would assure him that it was still being filled so wasn't time to leave, and he would sit down and wait again. Addison was sitting in his wheelchair and moving it around the front room, Grandpa was asking him if that was what he was going to ride in for the trip. Addison just wasn't getting it.
Since Eliza's birthday is in two weeks we decided to have a family party over at my parents house so grandpa could be apart of it. A lot of fun was had by all this weekend, and we look forward to going back for Easter Weekend.

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker