Last week I will admit was not a great week in my books. Life was very busy and full, the situation at my kids school shook me up a bit, medical health things with me, and just life in general. By the end of the week I felt like I had been busy all week with nothing to show for it. On Saturday I got up at 5am and made myself a fun bucket list on my computer with clip art and such, and then printed it off and hooked it onto my fridge. Got my MP3 player and went to work marking things off my list. By 10am the kids were all up and getting into things and wanting things, John was still sleeping since he had been up until 4am, and I was getting frustrated to say the very least. Addison was wanting Thomas and LJ to come over and play war with him again and ride bikes, and I was trying to point him in another direction. I think it is great that he looks up to these older boys, they are great boys, however, I don't want them feel obligated to play with him or for them to start feeling like Addison is an annoying little kid who is constantly calling them to come over. After awhile I let him call them and ask them if they could come ride bikes. I figured if they came over and took him for a bike ride Nicholas and Eliza may follow and Vincent would do his own thing and then I would get something done. Addison called and asked them and then came and told me that they would ask their moms and call him back. Thomas called back a little later and said his mom wanted to know if we wanted to go out for a picnic or something. I talked with Charlotte and she expressed a lot of frustration herself of feeling like all she had been doing was cooking, cleaning, and working and just wanted a break and get out of the house. I couldnt agree more so we planned a trip to Springville to our favorite park that has picnic tables, a basketball court, and two playgrounds on different levels hooked together. Two hours later both families along with Vincent's friend Erik and LJ were heading to Springville for much needed break. We spent close to 4 hours there. We had lunch, played Apples to Apples Disney Version, the kids played frisbee and catch, and then they played tag and hide and go seek on the play structures. It was a much needed break! Hope to do it again soon. Addison and Nicholas playing frisbee with Brother Nebeker.
Vincent and Thomas on the Swings
LJ After chasing Nicholas.
Thomas showing my kids something that is not a good idea to do!
Day at the lake
9 years ago









0 comments:
Post a Comment