Yes, I am very far behind! Things have been a bit of a roller coaster around our house as you will see as I attempt to get caught up on posts.
So a little less than a month ago we made our trip to Disneyland. Nicholas had preschool that day and the Director Invited Addison and Eliza to come for the day too, so we dropped them off in the morning and John, Vincent, and I loaded the car. We picked the three kids up from school and headed down to Bakersfield to get John's sister from the airport. We had two hours to get to somewhere that should have only taken 45 minutes. I had spent the days prior to our leaving copying out maps and directions to where we were going and on the map of the airport in Bakersfield there was a park a few blocks down. We figured we could get down there and let the kids play for a half hour and then go across the way to the airport to get Anna, knowing we would have a three hour drive from there to Anaheim. We followed the directions on our map and ended up at what use to be the airport in Bakersfield but what has been converted into a flight school. We drove around for awhile until John finally pulled over to ask for directions. We found out that there was a new airport built a few years back, unfortunately the search engine we used for directions hadn't been updated. The gentleman gave us directions and we were on our way again to find road construction and the road he told us to take was closed so John turned (since he had no other choice) with all the other traffic away from where we were heading. After going a little way and finding no place to turn and head towards the direction we should have been going, we finally asked for directions again, to be told we were way out of our way of the airport (doh!) He got us from that point going in the right direction and we finally made it to the airport (Whew!) With enough time for all of us to use the restroom and then here comes Aunt Anna. Guess it was a great thing we left when we did or Aunt Anna would have been sitting and waiting for us.
After getting Aunt Anna we were on our way to good ole Anaheim, through the wonderful, spectacular, awesome, LOS ANGELES TRAFFIC (NOT!). What should have been a two and a half hour drive (we told the kids three since we knew we would hit some traffic) took, FIVE LONG HOURS. We saw two really bad accident, there had been an earth quake that morning that had damaged part of the freeway so that closed a lane or two which made bad traffic worse. It was slow and long going. Kids were tired and hungry. Aunt Anna was really hungry since she hadn't had anything to eat since before she left Utah and John was afraid to get off the freeway and not be able to find his way back so we kept heading towards our motel. We finally made it and were excited when the motel manager upgraded our room at no addition cost to us. We had the largest family suite they had available and it was nice. We had two bedroom with two queen beds in each room and two bathrooms. Very comfortable and room for the kids to move around.
Wednesday morning John and I got up and got ready then woke the kids and headed to the breakfast buffet that was offered by our motel. What great food and was all free! We then headed to Disneyland skipping and so HAPPY to be going. We found right away some of Eliza's Friends (The Disney Characters) and then got on the Disneyland Railroad for a trip around the Magic Kingdom. When we got to Tomorrowland the Train had to close due to a problem so we got off and rode the autopia cars. The kids found that a blast. By the time we were done riding the cars the railroad was working again so we got on and headed back to main street which is where our strollers were. We headed around the park having a blast, riding rides, seeing shows and "friends". Around lunch time I was starting to not feel good, but kept plugging along as we were having so much fun. Addison wanted to ride the Haunted Mansion and so did Nicholas. Vincent didn't want too so he, Anna, Eliza and I went to ride Winnie the Pooh, with the plan we would meet up with John, Addison, and Nicholas at the Hungry Bear for lunch afterwards. By the time we were done riding Winnie the Pooh I really felt bad so was looking forward to getting to the restaurant to sit down. We got there first and found our self a place to sit down and waited for John and the rest to join us. When John got there Nicholas was crying as the Haunted Mansion had scared him. I held my little boy and comforted his fears while John and Anna went to get the lunch. Vincent and Addison started arguing over what ride we would go to next and I got frustrated and told them that we would do our best to get to everything we could to quit arguing. I must have been slurring or something as Vincent looked at me with concern and said, "What is wrong Mommy?" That is the last thing I remember. The next thing I remember is laying on the ground with people surrounding me and telling me to wake up. I had passed out cold. They had brought in two RN's and the EMT's. My head was hurting so bad from where I had hit when I fell. I had recently been diagnosed with Hypoglycemia so they took my blood sugar and it was 46. They wanted to transfer me to the hospital but I told them no that I would just stay on top of it better now learning that walking around Disneyland in the heat you burn off your sugar faster I needed to eat more often. WE had lunch and all the kids wanted to sit either next to me or on my lap. I felt so bad that I had scared everyone like that. After lunch I started to feel better and we still did enjoy the rest of our day! I dealt with headaches the rest of the day due to knocking my head but luckily I had packed Tylenol in the diaper bag so just stayed on top of it and enjoyed the rest of my day with the kids and always had a frozen lemonade or coke with me. :-)! The parade was a wonderful and so much fun as we got to participate in it. Eliza and I got to dance in the street and Addison got to play the drum. After dinner one of my brother David's friend came and joined us for the rest of the evening. My kids were so excited to see MyViet. We rode the teacups together, Star Tours, and watched the Fireworks (WONDERFUL!) Then as a big group went to Buzz Lightyears Astro Blasters. What a fun game to play to end the night. MyViet took everyone shopping since he had a annual pass that gives him a 20% discount on everything we gave him the cash and the kids picked out their treasures. What fun we had even with my miss hap and we are looking forward to when we can go again. We just hope it doesn't take five years this time! 









Day at the lake
9 years ago









0 comments:
Post a Comment