Nicholas' Preschool Teacher called and asked if I could please come on a field trip with them as she didn't have enough parents volunteering which was unusual. So that became another activity for us. When we pulled up in front of the Police Dept. Nicholas asked if that was where Grandpa worked. I told him no grandpa worked at the jail in another town. Still as we were going through the tour Eliza asked several times, "Now we are going to see grandpa?" Just before the tour ended the police officer conducting our tour said that she would see if they had anyone in the holding cells. If they did the kids couldn't walk through but if it was empty the kids could walk through the jail. Eliza in excitement says out loud for all to hear, "Now I get to see my grandpa!" I was so embarrassed and got some interesting looks. These parents and the cop probably thought my dad was in jail and here is my daughter excited about seeing grandpa in jail. There was someone in the holding cell so the kids couldn't walk through but they were able to walk through the booking area and they showed the kids where they take pictures and fingerprints. They asked any of the parents if they would be willing to get their fingerprints done to show the kids how it works. I was towards the front so I said I would and after she ran my prints she smiled and said, "Oh, grandpa is Sargent Sanders. That makes since now why she would want to see grandpa". Glad to know it was cleared up!
Day at the lake
9 years ago









1 comments:
It looks like you are having a fun Spring. I hope you get feeling better. It's no fun to be sick.
Post a Comment