It all started last night when John and I headed to bed and he asked me for the recipe for the dinner I had listed on the menu for tonight. He wanted to be the one to cook dinner for me for Mother's Day. I didn't know how to respond to that as In our close to ten years of married life, John has nooked things well in the microwave and has warmed up things in the oven, but has never really "cooked". I smiled and chuckled at the thought, but told him I would get it for him in the morning. As we were up getting ready for church this morning John announced that after church we were going up the mountain into Springville to have a picnic for Mother's Day. I looked outside and saw the dark rain clouds rolling in and knew there was a chance of rain today. The kids right away got very excited about the idea and through out sacrament we got asked several times if we could go home after sacrament and head up to the mountains. After church we came home and I packed lunches for everyone, and got things gathered up for a picnic and then we headed up the mountain. It was cool and the rain clouds hung over head and threatened to start pouring, but the park was empty and we had a great time. We ate the lunch I packed


and played on the two playgrounds that are adjoined by a walkway.



Even though rain threatened our day, it was a WONDERFUL day with my family, and I was so happy to be with them and enjoy the day with them. for with out them. I wouldn't be a MOM!
And wouldn't you know. It started raining HARD and wind blowing VERY HARD within ten minutes of us getting home. And four house later....it still is raining!
Day at the lake
9 years ago









0 comments:
Post a Comment