If you have read post I have done before, or if you know my son Addison personally you know he is a little ladies man, and prefers older women. LOL! Since I serve in the YW he has several YW he has eyes for and wants to come along to a lot of my activities. One of the other leaders has a little girl who is the same age as Addison and sometimes because of her husbands work schedule she has to bring her to YW. I started letting Addison go so the two of them could play together. One particular activity they YW were playing a game and they needed to be in teams. They were odd out so one of the leaders said she would team up with someone but Miklynn said no she would team up with Addison. The two of them were having a blast and when Miklynn's mom got there her chin dropped as Miklynn is not one for being with kids. She has always said she has no desire to have children. :-( So her mom was shocked to see her playing with Addison and having such a good time. Now another side note Miklynn is biracial. Her mom is white her dad is African American. Mikylnn and Addison came running by and Miklynn looked at her mom and said, "Hey mom Addison and I are team Oreo." I thought her mother was going to fall over as she was laughing to hard. I didn't know how to respond at first. Her mom asked if we were almost done and we told her within ten minutes so she said she needed to run a super quick errand. She ran down the block to Wal*Mart and came back with a bag of Oreos for Addison and Miklynn to share. Now anytime they know Addison is going to be with me for an activity Miklynn brings a bag of Oreos for the two of them to share. Last week at the YW Pool Party was no exception. John and I know that Addison has no clue what Team Oreo means and we have decided not to share that with him for fear he could say it to the wrong person and offend them. Right now he is just excited as every time Miklynn comes he gets a bag of Oreos to share with her.
Day at the lake
9 years ago









0 comments:
Post a Comment