Wilder Family
Established August 17th, 2000
Together Forever Sealed With Love

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mr. Stinson & Addison



Addison has been in Mr. Stinson's 1st grade class for the 2009/2010 School Year. Mr. Stinson has been wonderful for Addison our very social child. He has redirected Addison to his seat several times and through it all done it with love....After Christmas John and I got a call from Mr. Stinson asking us if we could have a talk with Addison that his talking had gotten a little disruptive and he needed him to stay in his seat and get his work done. John and I that night talked to Addison about staying in his seat to get his work done and not going around talking to other kids who were also trying to get their work done. We explained that his work was important so he needed to get it done. The next day we got an email telling us thanks and that Addison had had a great day. The next day however, I get another phone call from Mr. Stinson but this time he is laughing. He said that Addison had done wonderful the day before as mentioned in his email. However, that day he was once again doing reading groups and could hear talking and looked up and Addison once again was not at his seat. He found him at another table talking away. He said, "Addison." And before he could say anything else, Addison held up his work packet and a pencil and said, "Don't worry Mr. Stinson, I brought my work with me. I am getting it done." Well, I guess no one said he wasn't a problem solver!
We are also very sad to see Mr. Stinson go. With the California budget cuts they have done away with the 20 students to one teacher law, so thousands of California teachers were pink slipped. Mr. Stinson was one of them. The School doesn't realize what a great teacher they are loosing!

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker